Last Updated: November 19, 2023, 17:02 IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is on a campaign spree in poll-bound Rajasthan on Sunday launched a veiled attack at Congress’s Rajasthan unit and used a cricket reference to do that amid the World Cup fever. Modi made the remarks while addressing a public rally in Churu district to support his party’s candidate.
Referring to Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and his former deputy Sachin Pilot’s infamous political feud, Modi said the Rajasthan Congress is like a cricket team whose batters spent five years trying to run out each other.
“In cricket, a batter comes and scores runs for his team. But there is so much infighting within the Congress that instead of scoring runs, its leaders spent five years trying to run out each other,” the prime minister said.
Here are PM Modi’s top quotes from Rajasthan today:
- “In cricket, a batter comes and scores runs for his team. But there is so much infighting within the Congress that instead of scoring runs, its leaders spent five years trying to run out each other,” said PM Modi on the Gehlot-Pilot power tussle that caused extensive infighting in Congress.
- “The relationship between good intentions and the Congress is the same as that between light and darkness. What will be the intention of a government that gobbles up money for drinking water,” he asked, alluding to the alleged Jal Jeevan Mission scam in Rajasthan.
- “The entire story of Congress’s license to loot is lodged in the Lal Diary and now slowly the pages of the Lal Diary are out in the open. ‘Jaadugar’ ki ‘jaadugari’ ab Lal Diary mein dikhne lagi hai,” Modi slammed Gehlot on the corruption issue.
- “The Congress and development are each other’s enemies and will remain enemies,” Modi said.
- “If you choose BJP, we will throw out the team of corrupt people from Rajasthan. BJP will score development rapidly and victory will be for Rajasthan, victory will be for the future of Rajasthan, and victory will be for the mothers, sisters, youth and farmers of Rajasthan,” Modi promised.
- “Today, crores of people are getting free healthcare services. At Jan Aushadhi centres, medicines are being given at a discount of 80%. A medicine worth Rs 100 is available at Rs 20. Because of this, a total of Rs 1.25 lakh crores of the poor have been saved,” Modi said in Jhunjhunu.
- “In a public address, CM Gehlot accepted that his MLAs and candidates did not do any work in the last 5 years. This is because, in Rajasthan, there was a game of ‘Jaadugar’ and Baazigar’ going on. In the meanwhile, Congress leaders were busy looting money. The Congress that destroyed Rajasthan should they come back to power here?” PM asked.