The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is all set to conduct the Civil Services Exam (UPSC CSE) Mains 2023 starting from today, September 15. Candidates who have successfully cleared the UPSC CSE preliminary examination this year can appear for the Mains exam. They are also required to obtain their UPSC Mains admit card through the official website of the commission at upsc.gov.in. Additionally, the commission has released guidelines for the UPSC exam day.
The UPSC Mains exam will be conducted in two sessions: the morning session, which will take place from 9 a.m. to noon, and the afternoon session, scheduled from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The UPSC CSE Mains exam will be conducted on September 15, 16, 17, 23, and 24.
UPSC CSE Mains: Exam Guidelines
1. Candidates must carry a hard copy of their e-Admit card, along with an original photo identity card, in order to get entry inside the examination hall.
2. Valuables and expensive items should not be brought to the test centre.
3. Candidates are advised to arrive at the examination hall at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time for each session.
4. No candidate will be permitted to enter 10 minutes after the exam has commenced.
5. The possession and use of mobile phones, as well as other electronic and communication devices, are strictly prohibited within the examination premises.
6. Candidates who do not have clear photographs on their e-admit cards must bring a passport-size photograph for each session and an undertaking to appear in the examination.
UPSC CSE Mains 2023 Admit Card : How to Download
Candidates who still haven’t downloaded their admit cards can follow the below-mentioned steps to do so:
Step 1: Log on to upsc.gov.in, the official website of UPSC.
Step 2: Locate and click the CSE Mains exam link, and then go to the active examinations section.
Step 3: Now, click on ‘e-admit cards for Civil Services (Mains) Examination.’
Step 4: Login using your UPSC CSE Mains credentials.
Step 5: Your UPSC CSE Mains admit cards will be displayed on the screen.
Step 6: Download and take a printout of the same for exam day.
The UPSC Civil Services Examination (CSE) Mains written examination will be of 1750 marks. Candidates who achieve the minimum required score in the written exam will then be invited to participate in the interview or personality test, which carries a weighted score of 275 marks. The final selection process considers candidates’ scores in both the written exam papers (papers I through VII) and the interview.
On June 12, the UPSC announced the results of the CSE prelims. Among the candidates who provisionally qualified for the CSE Mains were 14,624.