PV Sindhu created history as she became the first Indian woman to medal at two Olympic games after winning the bronze in women’s singles. She beat He Bengjiao of China 21-13 21-15 to add to her silver from Rio five years ago.
Congratulatory messages poured in for Sindhu from everywhere in the country.
– Anju Bobby George (@anjubobbygeorg1) August 1, 2021
Medals in successive Olympics.#PVSindhu , you have made the country proud.
Tremendous achievement on becoming the first Indian woman and only the second Indian athlete to win two individual medals. So grateful for the joy you have given us all. pic.twitter.com/1H7wsk54ID
– VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) August 1, 2021
– Yusuf Pathan (@iamyusufpathan) August 1, 2021
– Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) August 1, 2021
– Wasim Jaffer (@WasimJaffer14) August 1, 2021
– Abhinav A. Bindra OLY (@Abhinav_Bindra) August 1, 2021
– Kamlesh nagarkoti (@Kamleshnagark13) August 1, 2021
Congratulations @Pvsindhu1 …super duper achievement…������
– parthiv patel (@parthiv9) August 1, 2021
Tokyo Olympics, Badminton Bronze Medal Match, Highlights: PV Sindhu Wins Bronze, 1st Indian Woman With 2 Individual Olympic Medals – Bravo @Pvsindhu1 a terrific game n a terrific Olympic achievement ������ https://t.co/fIvLs0ABhS
– Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (@kiranshaw) August 1, 2021
Where does she rank all-time among India’s Olympic athletes?
Sindhu has time on her side to become India’s greatest Olympian
– Sambit Bal (@sambitbal) August 1, 2021