LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United eye Senegal forward Sima

0
79


The January transfer window might seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumour mill has shut down! Speculation over summer moves is heating up, so check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.

TOP STORY: Man United eye Senegal forward Sima

Manchester United are eyeing a move for Slavia Prague forward Abdallah Sima this summer, according to the Manchester Evening News.

The 21-year-old scored in his side’s 2-0 victory over Leicester City in the Europa League back in February and has contributed to 19 goals in 35 appearances across all competitions so far this season. Sima’s form has also seen the player rewarded with a debut for Senegal last month in a 0-0 draw against the Republic of Congo in the African Cup of Nations qualification stages. The forward has shown he can play anyway across the front three but has spent the majority of his time on the right-hand side.

Slavia also have a preferable stance when it comes to the player’s contract, with three years remaining after joining last year from Czech second-division side FC MAS Taborsko. The potential move from Man United comes as no surprise given the Red Devils’ recent transfer policy of signing young talent such as 18-year-old Amad Diallo from Atalanta and 19-year-old Facundo Pellistri, who is on loan at Alaves.

LIVE BLOG

15.29 BST: Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane has been preparing to leave the club for months, AS reports.

Varane, 28, has just over a year left on his contract at the Bernabeu, but he has been linked with a move away this summer. His fellow centre-back, Sergio Ramos, is out of contract at the end of the season and, like, Varane, is yet to have been offered a new deal.

The France international told reporters on Monday: “My focus is on the end of the season. My message is that I’m committed 100% to the team, I want to give everything, we have a demanding end to the season with big challenges. I’m focused on giving everything on the pitch.”

AS claims that Varane already has “one foot out the door,” and that his departure would help fund the signings of one or more of David Alaba, Pau Torres and Jules Kounde.

14.35 BST: Sergi Roberto‘s “not convinced” by Barcelona’s offer to renew his contract, according to Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo.

Roberto, 29, has one year to run on his deal and talks have begun to extend his stay at Camp Nou. Barca have reportedly offered him new terms until 2023, with the player’s camp said to be unimpressed, above all, at the length of the contract on offer.

Mundo Deportivo say meetings with Roberto’s agent, Josep Maria Orobitg, have “not been productive” but that talks will continue. If an agreement cannot be struck, Barca will have to decide in the summer whether they look to cash in on the right-back, who can also play in midfield, or risk losing him for free next year.

Roberto came through the academy at Barca and made his 300th appearance for the club in Sunday’s win against Villarreal.

13.24 BST: ICMYI, on Monday evening Brazilian powerhouse Santos FC agreed to transfer winger Yeferson Soteldo to Toronto FC.

Santos had previously announced the agreement with the Major League Soccer side on Saturday.

Soteldo becomes Toronto’s third Designated Player, joining defending MLS MVP Alejandro Pozuelo and United States forward Jozy Altidore. His contract with Toronto runs through 2025.

“I am very excited to come to Toronto FC. It is one of the most important sports organizations in Canada and the United States,” said Soteldo. “It is an MLS Cup champion, has great players, and most importantly, they are always competing to win. They have amazing fans and facilities.”

Soteldo, 23, made 104 appearances for Santos, scoring 20 goals and adding 17 assists since joining the club in January 2019. Soteldo adorned the historic No. 10 shirt, worn by Brazil legend Pele, during his time with O Peixe.

MLS on ESPN+: Stream LIVE games and replays (U.S. only)

12.41 BST: Manchester City defender John Stones is in advanced talks with the club over a big new contract, The Sun reports.

Stones, 26, is reportedly in line for a deal worth £39m over five years as a reward for a season in which he has resurrected his career at the club after falling out of favour with manager Pep Guardiola,

However, this term the England centre-back has started 30 games and formed an excellent partnership with Ruben Dias, which has propelled City to the Champions League semifinals and close to reclaiming the Premier League title.

12.12 BST: Bayern Munich’s appointment of Julian Nagelsmann (see 09.46 BST) is a blow for managerless Tottenham Hotspur, who had been linked with a move to hire the RB Leipzig boss.

According to the Daily Telegraph, Spurs could now turn their attentions to Ajax coach Erik ten Hag. The 51-year-old has won an Eredivisie title and two Dutch cups since taking over in 2017, and led them to the semifinals of the Champions League two years ago, where they were eliminated by Spurs.

Ten Hag recently said that he is happy in Amsterdam, and that he is committed to the project spearheaded by director of football Marc Overmars.

England manager Gareth Southgate, Belgium coach Roberto Martinez, Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers and former Leipzig and Stuttgart coach Ralf Rangnick have also been linked with the vacancy at Spurs since Jose Mourinho was fired last week after 17 months in charge.

11.19 BST: Ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League semifinal first leg against Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain announced that goalkeeper Keylor Navas has signed a new contract.

The Costa Rica international has committed his future to the Parc des Princes until 2024, by which time he will be 37.

“I’m very happy here,” the former Real Madrid player told the club’s official website on Tuesday. “I thank God for enabling me to sign an extension at Paris Saint-Germain. The club believes in me and I’m delighted at that.

“I feel great at the moment. I’m trying to be as professional as I can. I take care of myself, I try to have a balanced diet. It helps me a lot. All of that has helped me stay at the top level and I hope it can stay that way for many more years.”

10.35 BST: Barcelona plan to extend left-back Juan Miranda‘s contract and send him back on loan to Real Betis next season, according to TV3.

Miranda, 21, has made 21 appearances for Betis this campaign following a disappointing spell with German side Schalke 04 last year.

The defender’s contract with Barca is up in June but the Catalan club reportedly plan to execute an option they have to prolong his terms until 2023.

Miranda joined Barca’s academy from Betis in 2014 and has made four appearances for the Blaugrana, but none since 2019.

09.46 BST: Bayern Munich have appointed Julian Nagelsmann as their next manager, having reached a compensation agreement with RB Leipzig.

Nagelsmann, 33, has signed a deal with the Bundesliga champions through to 2026. Bayern Munich have paid compensation to Leipzig, which sources have told ESPN is a record fee for a manager, eclipsing the €15 million Chelsea paid Porto for Andre Villas-Boas in 2011.

Nagelsmann is set to replace Hansi Flick, who asked Bayern to release him from his contract earlier in the month following a rift with sporting executive Hasan Salihamidzic over the Bundesliga champions’ transfer strategy and philosophy.

Flick was appointed as Bayern manager in November 2019 following the dismissal of Niko Kovac and led the club a Champions League, Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal Treble. He also became the second manager to win six trophies in a single calendar year, when he added the German Super Cup, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup. He could now take over the Germany job with national team coach Joachim Low leaving his post following the European Championship this summer.

On Friday, sources close to Nagelsmann told ESPN that the coach was also open to offers from the Premier League where Tottenham are looking for a replacement for Jose Mourinho. However, with Bayern’s offer on the table, Nagelsmann has agreed to take over his third Bundesliga club.

09.00 BST: Atletico Madrid are in pole position to sign Benfica left-back Alejandro Grimaldo this summer, according to AS. The Rojiblancos have been in talks with Benfica regarding the Spanish defender since January.

Grimaldo joined Benfica from Barcelona’s reserves in 2016 and has set up eight goals this season in the league to lead the league’s top assist chart. The 25-year-old, whose contract has a €60m release clause, is also a reported target of Manchester City, with coach Pep Guardiola having requested his signing this summer.

Benfica have already looked at potential replacements, with Ruben Vinagre, on loan at Portuguese club Famalicao from Wolverhampton, on their agenda.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Luke Thrower)

Arsenal midfielder Joe Willock has seen his value climb while on loan at Newcastle United, and if the Toon want to make his move permanent, they face the prospect of paying an ever-increasing transfer fee, according to the Mirror. The 21-year-old has impressed with recent important goals off the bench for Steve Bruce’s side, most recently equalising in the 95th minute at Liverpool. However, the loan deal doesn’t include an option for a permanent switch at the end of the season, meaning the Magpies face a potential price hike if they’re to sign the England youth international.

Juventus are looking to move on France midfielder Adrien Rabiot this summer, according to Calciomercato. The 26-year-old joined from Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer in 2019 and has two more years left on his deal at the Italian club, but he has already been offered to Everton and Barcelona in a move to ease restraints on Juve’s wage budget.

Manchester City are in the driving seat to sign 18-year-old winger Andrija Radulovic, according to Spanish outlet AS. The right-sided attacker has only made a handful of appearances for Serbian team Red Star Belgrade, but several clubs including Pep Guardiola’s City have already taken notice. The news comes just days after the Carabao Cup winners signed highly rated prospect Kayky from Fluminese as the club begin to make their moves ahead of the summer.

– Leicester have joined AC Milan and RB Leipzig in the race to sign England U21 winger Noni Madueke from PSV Eindhoven, according to the Mail. The 19-year-old has made his way through the PSV Eindhoven youth setup after leaving Tottenham Hotspur at 16. This season has seen the right winger involved in 29 games with 17 goal involvements across all competitions, despite only 10 starts. PSV are hoping they can keep hold of Madueke for another season, which could see his value increase.

– Manchester United and PSG are linked with Cristiano Ronaldo should Juventus look to trim their wage bill this summer, according to Tuttosport. The Italian outlet reports that if the Bianconeri are unable to qualify for the Champions League, they would be unable to support the 36-year-old’s wages for the next season. The report suggests that the Portuguese forward costs the club roughly £1 million a week in wages.





Source link