The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) on Thursday said home usage of Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT) is advisable only on symptomatic individuals and immediate contacts of coronavirus-positive patients confirmed by laboratories.
Issuing a new advisory for home testing, the ICMR said indiscriminate testing is not advisable and should be conducted according to the procedure described by the manufacturer in the user manual.
Following are some of the other key points of the advisory:
– The home testing mobile app is available in Google play store and Apple store and must be downloaded by all
– The mobile app is a comprehensive guide of the testing procedure and will provide a positive or negative test
result to the patient.
– All users are advised to click a picture of the test strip after completing the test procedure with the same mobile phone which has been used for downloading the mobile app and user registration.
– Data in the app of your mobile phone will be centrally captured in a secure server which is connected with the ICMR COVID-19 testing portal, where all data will be eventually stored.
– Patient confidentiality will be fully maintained.
– All individuals who test positive may be considered as true positives and no repeat testing is required.