Indian, Chinese troops clash at Naku La in Sikkim, injuries reported on both sides | India News

0
76
Indian, Chinese troops clash at Naku La in Sikkim, injuries reported on both sides

NEW DELHI: Amid the ongoing standoff between India and China in the Ladakh sector, soldiers of both the countries reportedly clashed with each other at Naku La in Sikkim border area. According to reports, the clash between Indian troops and the Chinese PLA took place last week after the latter tried to intrude. The report stated that soldiers from both sides received injuries in the brawl. However, the situation has been brought under control now.

Indian Army released a statement on the latest Naku La clash between troops of two neighbouring countries. It said, “We have received several queries regarding a face-off between Indian Army and PLA troops in Sikkim sector. It is clarified that there was a minor face-off at Naku La area of North Sikkim on 20 January 2021 and the same was resolved by local commanders as per established protocols. Media is requested to refrain from overplaying or exaggerating reports which are factually incorrect.”

Naku La, incidentally, was one of the original face-off sites, along with Pangong Tso, Galwan, Gogra, Hot Springs, in early-May last year.

The government source said the clash took place three days ago. It happened while both the countries’ government and military were readying for another round of talks to resolve border dispute along the 3,488 kilometre-long Line of Actual Control.

On Sunday, India and China held a 16-hour long marathon military dialogue that eneded at after 2 a.m. on Monday to resolve the ongoing nineth month long border dispute and thinning of forces along the LAC. The ninth Corps Commander level talks between both the countries took place at the Moldo Meeting point in Ladakh region. It had started at 10.30 a.m. on Sunday and ended at 2.30 a.m. on Monday.

According to IANS, Lieutenant General PGK Menon, the Corps Commander of Leh-based HQ 14 Corps, led the Indian delegation. India has sought complete disengagement and withdrawal of forces from the disputed areas. It happened after almost two months after the last dialogue. The details of the meeting were yet to come. The military commanders will convey the details of the meeting to the Prime Minister Office.

On June 15, 2020, India lost 20 soldiers during a violent clash at Galwan Valley with Chinese People`s Liberation Army soldiers. Chinese never made their casualty public.

India and China are engaged in a nine-month-long standoff at the LAC. Despite several levels of dialogue, there has not been any breakthrough and the deadlock continues.

Live TV