Sunday, July 3, 2022
HomeWorldInvestigation underway after two employees accused of abuse at a Winnipeg care...

Investigation underway after two employees accused of abuse at a Winnipeg care home


WINNIPEG – The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority is investigating allegations that two health care aides abused more than a dozen residents in a personal care home.

In a statement, the health authority says the allegations were first brought forward in February to management at the Extendicare Oakview Place personal care home.

The health authority says it first became aware of the allegations earlier this month when a staff member directly approached them.

It says police have been notified and a criminal investigation has been opened.

Gina Trinidad, who is the chief operating officer for community health services and long-term care at the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, says the focus will be on supporting families and residents.

She adds that since learning of the allegations, the health authority has conducted unannounced visits to ensure the safety and well-being of residents in care.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 21, 2022.

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Conversations are opinions of our readers and are subject to the Code of Conduct. The Star does not endorse these opinions.





Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments