Besan ka paratha is an ideal quick-fox for your cravings
It is quite a hassle to wake up every day and think of new things to cook for breakfast; this is why more often than not, it is the same usual suspects. According to nutritionists, it is very important to experiment with your meals, eating the same thing day in and day out. Not only does it start to get bland and boring, but you also tend to lose out on a variety of other nutrients. Therefore, it is always a good idea to take do something different, it may not necessarily be a drastic change, but something that could spark the interest of you and your family. Now, besan ka cheela is inarguably one of the healthiest breakfast recipes we know of. It is rich in protein and fibre that helps satiate you from within. But did you know that you can make besan ka paratha with almost the same ingredients?!
Here’s what you would be required to do:
1. Take besan in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add atta, followed by coriander seeds and salt.
3. Then add some turmeric powder and chopped green chillies.
4. Next, add chopped ginger, cumin seeds, chopped coriander leaves and chopped onions. Mix all the dry ingredients together using a spoon or spatula.
5. Add oil and water and knead a semi-soft dough.
6. Grease your palms and pull out a round chunk from the dough, dust it off on some spare atta.
7. Place it on a chakla or a board and with a rolling pin, roll out a paratha. It should not be too thick, or too thin.
8. Take a spoonful of ghee and spread it on the surface of the dough that you have just rolled out.
9. Fold the dough in a triangular shape and roll it again with the use of the belan or rolling pin.
10. Place it on a hot tawa. Apply ghee on top and toss it until both sides are crisp and cooked.
11. Serve hot with pudina chutney or achaar.
You can find the detailed recipe on NDTV Food’s YouTube channel. Try it at home today, and let us know how you liked it in the comments.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.