Curated By: Sheen Kachroo
Last Updated: November 17, 2023, 20:40 IST
The two-week-long India International Trade Fair (IITF) in Delhi’s Pragati Maidan was open for business visitors from November 14 to 18. But now, the fair will be thrown open for the general public from November 19 to 27. In view of the expected footfall of nearly a lakh visitors each day, the Delhi Police’s traffic advisory has come into force.
The fair is likely to attract around 40,000 visitors each day and could swell to around one lakh visitors per day during weekends and holidays.
The theme of this year’s IITF is “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam – United by Trade” which phrase means that the world is one family and trade can bring people together.
With almost 3,500 exhibitors across the country and abroad, the trade fair is expected to have more than 40,000 visitors each day with footfalls getting higher on weekdays.
Here is all you need to know about IITF:
General public can visit the trade fair between 10 AM- 5:30 PM.
IITF Ticket Prices
Senior citizens and specially-abled citizens will have free entry on all the days.
Ticket price on Non-weekend Days
Adult: Rs 80
Children: Rs 40
Ticket price on Week Days and Gazetted Holidays
Adult: Rs 150
Children: Rs 60
IITF Entry Gates
People can visit the trade fair from Gate 1, and 4 on Bhairon road and Gate 6 and 10 on Mathura road.
Delhi police Traffic Advisory
The Delhi police has released an advisory for the people who wish to visit the international trade fair.
- No vehicles will be allowed to park on Mathura road, Bhairon marg, Sher Shah road, Purana Quila orad, Bhagwan Dass road, and Tilak marg.
- General public are advised to avoid Bhairon marg, Purana Quila road, Shershah road and Mathura road from W-Point to Mathura road crossing Subramaniam Bharti marg.
- People are advised to use the foot-over bridge due to heavy pedestrian movement and traffic on Mathura road.
- Vehicles parked on the mentioned roads will be towed. Improper parking and disobedience of lawful instructions will be penalized.
Where To Park Vehicles?
For the convenience of visitors, it is recommended to park their vehicles in the following areas:
- Basement parking number 1 with entry and exit from Bhairon marg or through Pragati tunnel from the ring road side.
- Bhairon Mandir parking on Bhairon road
- Delhi Zoo parking
- Visitors are advised to park their vehicles in basement parking number 2 located under Bharat Mandapam.
(with inputs from PTI)