Sunday, January 29, 2023
HomeWorldCharges upgraded to manslaughter in ‘unprovoked attack’ of senior at King and...

Charges upgraded to manslaughter in ‘unprovoked attack’ of senior at King and Yonge


A Toronto man now faces manslaughter charges after allegedly fatally attacking an 89-year-old woman last week.

Ryan Cunneen, 37, was originally charged with aggravated assault and mischief over $5,000, but Toronto police initially said charges could be upgraded pending results of an autopsy.

On Friday morning, the death of an older woman on King and Yonge streets left the city in shock as the suspect allegedly pushed her to the ground without apparent motive. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

The suspect fled the scene but was later arrested “without incident,” police said.

The victim has not yet been identified.

Cunneen is expected to attend court on Tuesday morning.

This is a developing story.

Ana Pereira is a breaking news reporter, working out of the Star’s radio room in Toronto. Follow her on Twitter: @anabpereiraa

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Conversations are opinions of our readers and are subject to the Code of Conduct. The Star does not endorse these opinions.





Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments