ICICI Bank announced the linking of Unified Payments Interface (UPI) ID to its digital wallet ‘pockets’ on Wednesday, May 26
According to ICICI Bank, the advantages of UPI-linked ‘pockets’ are as follows:
- Scan and Pay: Users can scan the QR codes and make payments at the merchant outlets or at other locations, through the BHIM UPI on the ‘pockets’ app.
- Make and receive payments: Customers can also use their ‘pockets’ UPI ID to pay against a collect request sent by another user or app. Users can also receive money by creating a collect request by entering a valid amount and the sender’s UPI ID.
- Pay to contacts: With this feature, customers can easily make payments to their contacts in the phone book.
- UPI payments at merchant sites: Customers can make payments online at any merchant site by opting to make ‘payment through UPI’ and by entering their ‘pockets’ UPI ID. Upon entering the ID, a collect request is generated which can be accepted on the ‘pockets’ app to complete the payment.
- Money transfers: Users can also easily transfer funds from their ‘pockets’ wallet to a savings account or any other ‘pockets’ wallet, by entering the receipient’s ‘pockets’ UPI ID or the savings account details